Skip to site content

California Area Office logoCalifornia Area Office

Professional Licensing and Certification

California Board of Behavioral Sciences (Link to website)

The BBS is responsible for consumer protection through the regulation of Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT); Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW); Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP); MFT Interns; and Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW) in the State of California.

California Board of Psychology (Link to website)

The California Board of Psychology protects the safety and welfare of consumers of psychological services.

California Counselor Certification Regulations (Link to website)

The California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs has counselor certification regulations specifically naming counselor certifying organizations for the purpose of certifying alcohol and drug counselors working in California.