Improving Provider Access to Infant Developmental Screening and Referral Resources for Integration into Clinical Practices in the Primary Care Setting
- Liz Sardinas, MSW, Tribal Early Education and Outreach Program Manager, Northern California Children’s Therapy Center
- Edyth Gallardo, MPA, MSW, Early Start Program Manager & Federal Compliance Specialist, Inland Regional Center
This presentation will summarize federal regulations that guide the screening and referral process, collaboration opportunities, patient/provider resources, and provider education regarding intellectual and developmental screening and follow-up. This presentation will provide the healthcare team with the knowledge and skills to increase access to early screening, detection, and referral and associated intervention for improved care outcomes.
As a result of participating in this activity, the healthcare team will:
- Integrate current regulations and requirements that guide developmental screening and referral of infants with developmental disabilities into policies and practice.
- Identify resources to assist with education and identification of infants with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
- Apply screening tools for early identification of developmental delays and referral resources.
Register here: https://www.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItcuqtrzsiH6XGalcTUJjTsr98F7By3S4
Full Synopsis (DOCX)