CA Providers' Best Practices & GPRA Measures Conference with Diabetes Day
- May 21 - 24
SAVE THE DATE Flyer (PDF)
Presented by: The California Area Indian Health Service, California Rural Indian Health Board, Inc,
and the IHS Clinical Support Center (accredited provider)
This conference is designed to provide clinicians and the healthcare team with up-to-date, clinically oriented evidence-based practice information incorporating an interprofessional perspective with a focus on comprehensive medication management, using data for quality improvement, early identification of developmental disabilities, shaken baby syndrome, hepatitis C, cultural approaches to healing, and historical grief & trauma. The Indian Health Service encourages healthcare programs to send clinic teams to ensure all receive the same, important information to improve patient outcomes.
- Utilize best practices and new research to prevent and treat disease and illnesses.
- Demonstrate the effective use of technology and data to improve practice and patient outcomes.
- Maximize the use of quality, safety and innovative strategies to drive patient-centered care.
- Integrate best practice standards for managing diabetes.
physicians, nurses, behavioral health professionals, mid-level practitioners, dietitians, health information management professionals, clinic support staff, GPRA coordinators, community outreach professionals, Tribal Leaders, healthcare program directors, and other interested community members.
Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown—Arena
300 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Reserve your guest room now at our group rate by calling (916) 446-0100 and mentioning group code QPR or, reserve your room online.
DEADLINE: April 13, 2018
Register now for FREE here
Guidelines for Participation and Continuing Education Credit
- There are no fees for participating in this live activity.
- Continuing Education credits are available for this live activity for Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, and Dieticians.
- Select pharmacy Universal Activity Numbers are identified on the agenda and the CE Request Form. CPE offered are Application-based activities.
Successful Completion of this Continuing Education Activity
In order to receive Continuing Education (CE) credit/contact-hour credit for this activity, you must:
- Be registered for the activity prior to the start of the sessions.
- Sign-in each day of the conference at registration (and sign-in again to each session offering APA or NBCC hours).
- Be present no later than 5 minutes from the start of each approved CE presentation and attend the entire presentation. No partial credit will be awarded.
- Successfully complete the evaluation and submit the Request for CE form.
- The evaluation will be available at registration and should be returned to the registration desk upon completion. All completed evaluations must be submitted by May 25, 2018.
- CE certificates will be mailed approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the conclusion of the conference.
- Pharmacists requesting CPE credit must supply their NABP ID number and Date of Birth (MMDD). It is anticipated that awarded credit will be available within 60 days of the meeting online via CPE Monitor accounts.
- If you need assistance, please contact Rachel Harvey at 916-930-3981, extension 361 or Rachel.Harvey@ihs.gov
The Indian Health Service (IHS) Clinical Support Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The IHS Clinical Support Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 25½ AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Indian Health Service Clinical Support Center is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is designated up to 25.50 contact hours for nurses.
The Indian Health Service Clinical Support Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
*Other Healthcare professionals and Nurses Licensed by the California Board of Registered Nurses: A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals and CA licensed nurses requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
Faculty Disclosure Statement: As a provider accredited by ACCME, ANCC, and ACPE, the IHS Clinical Support Center must ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course directors/coordinators, planning committee members, faculty, reviewers and all others who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest related to the subject matter of the educational activity. Safeguards against commercial bias have been put in place. Faculty will also disclose any off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments discussed in their presentation. All those who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity have completed the disclosure process and have indicated that they do not have any significant financial relationships or affiliations with any manufacturers or commercial products to disclose, with the exception of the following faculty:
- Steven Chen, PharmD, FASHP, FASCP - Speakers Bureau to promote Comprehensive Medication Management for Otsuka Pharmaceuticals PsychU educational series.
- Gina Valente-Moore, RN, MSN, BSN, DNP, PNPC, FNP - Gilead Speakers Bureau Hepatitis C Division.
All presentations were reviewed by the planning committee and expert reviewers and found to be balanced and unbiased.
There is no commercial interest support for this educational activity.
Questions or comments?
Please contact CAOGPRA@ihs.gov.