IHS, Tribal and Urban Indian (I/T/U) Organization Resources
The following information is for IHS, Tribal Health Programs, and Urban Indian Organizations that will receive vaccine from IHS.
IHS employees are encouraged to be educated and empowered to recognize coronavirus scams. The COVID Vaccine Cybersecurity Awareness provides useful tips and information.
Documents and Forms
The following forms are meant for PRINT USE ONLY and were not designed for use as a digital medium. Please contact IHSSection508@ihs.gov for any questions about accessibility for these forms.
Safety and Monitoring
- The IHS National Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee provides content and guidance on COVID-19 related issues for I/T/U providers. NPTC COVID-19 clinical information.
- IHS Temporary Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine Temperature Excursions [PDF - 119 KB]
- IHS Temperature Excursions Worksheet (Revised 07/25/2022) [PDF - 389 KB]
Please download the file and open it in Adobe Acrobat to fill out the form fields.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Training Checklist (revised 07/25/2022). [PDF - 727 KB]
- IHS COVID-19 Vaccine General Competency EXAMPLE Exam (revised 07/25/2022). [PDF - 593 KB]
- IHS Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine EXAMPLE Competency Exam (revised 05/20/2022). [PDF - 165 KB]
- IHS Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EXAMPLE Competency Exam (revised 07/20/2022). [PDF - 572 KB]
- IHS Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EXAMPLE Competency Exam (revised 06/20/2022). [PDF - 167 KB]
- IHS Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine EXAMPLE Competency Exam (revised 08/22/2022). [PDF - 558 KB]
- IHS Bivalent Boosters COVID-19 Vaccine EXAMPLE Competency Exam (revised 10/18/2022). [PDF - 169 KB]
IHS COVID-19 Webinar Recordings (See: For all Archived TBHCE COVID-19 Trainings). The following recordings may not be fully accessible to persons using assistive technology. For assistance with the information below, please contact the IHS Tele-Education Team by email at: IHSTele-Education@ihs.gov.
- 11/9/2021: COVID-19 Vaccine Update – Pediatric Vaccine Recommendations, Safety and Effectiveness
- 10/28/021: COVID-19 Vaccine Update – Booster Dose Recommendations, Safety and Effectiveness
- 09/19/2021: COVID-19 Vaccine Update – Additional Doses, Safety and Age Indications
- 2/25/2021: IHS COVID-19 Implementation Progress and Safety Update
- 12/18/2020: IHS COVID-19 Response Webinar Series: IHS COVID-19 Vaccine Implementation and Administration
- 11/20/2020: IHS COVID-19 Response Webinar Series: IHS COVID-19 Vaccine Planning and Implementation
- IHS Supplemental Redistribution Guidance and Worksheet [PDF - 1.0 MB]
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Transfer and Redistribution Guidance for IHS and Tribal Facilities [PDF]
This document was provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and may not be fully accessible to persons using assistive technology. For assistance with the information in this file, please contact the IHS Office of Public Health Support at 301-443-0222.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Redistribution Agreement for Tribal Health Program and Urban Indian Organization [PDF - 285 KB]
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook for Jurisdiction Operations Version 2.0 , October 29, 2020
- 10 Things Healthcare Professionals Need to Know about U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Plans
- About COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit
- How CDC Is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Ensuring COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Pre-Vaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines [PDF - 157 KB]
- Vaccination Training Programs and Reference Materials
Food and Drug Administration
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Announces Advisory Committee Meeting to Discuss COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate , November 20, 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Development and Licensure of Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19 , June 30, 2020
- Emergency Use Authorization
- Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained
- Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19; Guidance for Industry
- Development and Licensure of Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19; Guidance for Industry
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers Administering Vaccine (Vaccine Providers)
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Letter of Authorization
- Press Release FDA Takes Key Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for First COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vaccine Development - 101
- Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee - October 22, 2020 .