As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan [mura]$.showExitDisclaimer()[/mura]
ECC Collaborative Resources
Below are links to PowerPoint presentations, online courses, dental support centers, and other helpful information to support the ECC Collaborative in your community.
- IHS Dental Explorer, April 2014: ECC Collaborative
- Four videos designed to educate parents and the community about early childhood caries.
- ECC Prescription Pad Information
- The IHS Dental Explorer, September 2011: ECC Collaborative (PDF - 3.4MB)
- IHS ECC Initiative - Presentation for Community Partners (PowerPoint) (PPT - 2.75MB)
- IHS ECC Initiative - Presentation for Dental Team Members (PowerPoint) (PPT - 2.9MB)
- IHS Dental Explorer, February 2010: Early Childhood Caries Initiative (PDF - 1MB)
- Spreadsheet of Existing ECC Programs in Indian Country (XLS - 35KB)
- Glass Ionomer (GI) Sealants and Restorations: Materials: "What to Use and When" (PDF - 424KB)
- Caries Stabilization Course for IHS Dental Staff (IHS CDE Catalog Course: DD0024)
- Caries Stabilization PowerPoint Presentation (PPT - 11.2MB)
- These documents explain how dental programs can enter historical data on fluoride varnish applications conducted by collaborative partners and not otherwise entered into RPMS:
- How To Enter Historical Dental Data into EHR (PDF - 338 KB)
- How To Enter Historical Dental Treatment into RPMS (PDF - 62 KB)
- Entering Historical Dental Data (PDF - 102 KB)
- The Online "How to Apply Fluoride Varnish" Course
- Head Start & Community Partners: Online "How to Apply Fluoride Varnish" Course (Adobe Flash - 265KB)
- IHS Dental Staff: Online "How to Apply Fluoride Varnish" Course (IHS CDE Catalog Course: DE0082)
- Online ECC WebEX Recordings
- How to Apply Fluoride Varnish PowerPoint Presentation (3/1/2010 - PPT - 7.8MB)
- Dental Support Centers
- Fluoride Varnish: A Resource Guide
- Fluoride Varnish: An Effective Tool for Preventing Dental Caries (fact sheet)
- Fluoride Varnish: An Evidence-Based Approach (brief)
- Fluoride Varnish (policy statement)
- Resource Highlights: Focus on Fluoride Varnish (guide)
Please contact the ECC Co-Chairpersons and request permission before using the ECC logo on any materials.
If you have any difficulties with this website, contact DOH Portal Administrator.