Health Issues - Cancer
- Improve and share cancer surveillance data through partnerships with CDC and NCI supported central cancer registries by conducting linkages with IHS patient registration data and improving cancer case ascertainment for AI/AN using IHS encounter data.
- Expand capacity of IHS and Tribal providers to provide colorectal cancer screening through professional education and training in screening flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- Expand delivery of cancer screening services to AI/AN populations for breast and cervical cancer by supporting IHS and Tribal Breast and Cervical Cancer screening programs.
- Continue training providers working in IHS and Tribal facilities in colposcopy to improve quality and timeliness of cervical cancer screening services.
- Continue training in survivorship leadership.