IHS is a Leader in Telehealth
Telehealth uses the internet to connect patients to doctors, nurses and other health care providers in different places, so that healthcare is available when and where it is needed. Through telehealth, IHS improves access to quality healthcare for patients in their community.
- Telebehavioral Health
- IHS-Joslin Vision Network Teleophthalmology Program
- IHS seeks proposals to expand telehealth services in Great Plains
August is National Immunization Awareness Month!
Did you know there are vaccines that pregnant women should get to protect themselves and their baby? Every pregnant woman should get her flu shot and a Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and whopping cough) vaccine to protect both mom and baby!
- Vaccine recommendations for before, during, and after pregnancy
- Learn more about the flu and pregnancy here: Pregnant Women & Influenza (Flu)| Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC
Purchased/Referred Care Rates Webinars for PRC Providers
IHS is hosting educational webinars on Purchased/Referred Care Rates for non-IHS doctors and health care administrators who provide services to American Indians and Alaska Natives through the PRC program. The purpose of the IHS PRC program is to purchase health care services from private health care providers, generally when the services are not available directly at IHS or Tribal health facilities.Next
Cancer Detection and Prevention
Early detection of cancer is key. IHS is working to improve cancer screening among American Indians and Alaska Natives. It is also important to identify risk factors and take steps to prevent cancer. Talk to your health care provider about what you can do.
- Indian Health Service, Roswell Park Launch Partnership to Reduce Cancer's Impact on Native Communities
- Health Issues - Cancer
- Strategic Plan to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening Among American Indians and Alaska Natives [PDF - 92 KB]
- Patient Remains Positive Through Cancer Journey
13th Annual Direct Service Tribes National Meeting & 6th Annual Great Plains Health Summit
"Empowering Indian Health for Future Generations"
The IHS Direct Service Tribes Advisory Committee and the Great Plains Tribal Chairmen's Health Board (GPTCHB) will partner in hosting the Direct Service Tribes 13th Annual National Meeting & 6th Annual GPTCHB Health Summit to be held August 31-September 1 at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City, SD.Next
find Health Care
Find a health care facility near you
begin Your Career
Search available jobs at IHS