As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Modified Stage 2 Overview
On October 16, 2015, CMS published a Final Rule that specifies the Modified Stage 2 requirements that EPs and EHs must achieve in order to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. For the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015 through 2017, changes include:
- Restructured Stage 1 and Stage 2 Measures to align with Stage 3
- Removal of redundant, duplicative, and topped out measures
- Reporting period aligned to the calendar year for EHs
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications for providers scheduled to attest to Stage 1 in 2015
- Lower Thresholds for certain measures
- Exclusions for Modified Stage 2 measures in 2015 for which there is no Stage 1 equivalent
- Modification to Patient Engagement Objectives
There are no changes to the certification requirements for EHR technology. Providers and hospitals must use 2014 CEHRT to demonstrate Meaningful Use in 2015 through 2017.
EPs and EHs must demonstrate that they are "meaningfully using" EHR technology by attesting to Modified Stage 2 criteria in 2015 through 2017 as outlined in The CMS Final Rule .