As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
2015 Program Requirements
According to The CMS Final Rule , EPs and EHs have to meet the requirements listed below in 2015 to demonstrate meaningful use.
- Meet 10 objectives, including one consolidated public health reporting objective.
- Report on 9 clinical quality measures (CQMs) from 3 of 6 National Quality Strategy Domains.
- Meet 9 objectives, including one consolidated public health reporting objective.
- Report on 16 clinical quality measures from 3 of 6 National Quality Strategy Domains.
Alternate Exclusions and Specifications
For providers who were scheduled to attest to Stage 1 in 2015, there are alternate exclusions and specifications within individual measures. These include:
- Allowing Stage 1 providers to report on a lower threshold for certain measures
- Allowing providers to take exclusion for Modified Stage 2 measures in 2015 for which there is no Stage 1 equivalent
- Allowing providers to claim an alternate exclusion where previously a menu measure is now a requirement.
EHR Reporting Period
- Starting in 2015, the EHR reporting period for all providers will be based on the calendar year.
- In 2015 only, the EHR reporting period for all providers will be any continuous 90-day period.
- EPs may select an EHR reporting period of any continuous 90-day period from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs may select an EHR reporting period of any continuous 90-day period from October 1, 2014 to December 31, 2015.