2016 Program Requirements
According to The CMS Final Rule , EPs and EHs have to meet the requirements listed below in 2016 to demonstrate meaningful use.
- Meet 10 objectives, including one consolidated public health reporting objective.
- Report on 9 clinical quality measures (CQMs) from 3 of 6 National Quality Strategy Domains.
- Meet 9 objectives, including one consolidated public health reporting objective.
- Report on 16 clinical quality measures from 3 of 6 National Quality Strategy Domains.
Alternate Exclusions and Specifications
The following exclusions are available for EPs, EHs, or CAHs who were scheduled to attest to Stage 1 in 2016:
- Objective 3: Computerized Provider Order Entry, Measure 2 and 3 (lab and radiology orders).
- EHs and CAHs may claim an exclusion for Objective 4, Electronic prescribing, if they were scheduled to attest to Stage 1 in 2016 or scheduled to demonstrate Stage 2 but did not intend on selecting the Stage 2 eRx objective.
- For returning providers, the EHR reporting period is a full calendar year from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
- For EPs, EHs, and CAHs that did not demonstrate meaningful use in a prior year, the reporting period is any continuous 90-day period.
EHR Reporting Period
The EHR reporting period must be completed within January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.