As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
2016 Program Requirements
According to The CMS Final Rule , EPs and EHs have to meet the requirements listed below in 2016 to demonstrate meaningful use.
- Meet 10 objectives, including one consolidated public health reporting objective.
- Report on 9 clinical quality measures (CQMs) from 3 of 6 National Quality Strategy Domains.
- Meet 9 objectives, including one consolidated public health reporting objective.
- Report on 16 clinical quality measures from 3 of 6 National Quality Strategy Domains.
Alternate Exclusions and Specifications
The following exclusions are available for EPs, EHs, or CAHs who were scheduled to attest to Stage 1 in 2016:
- Objective 3: Computerized Provider Order Entry, Measure 2 and 3 (lab and radiology orders).
- EHs and CAHs may claim an exclusion for Objective 4, Electronic prescribing, if they were scheduled to attest to Stage 1 in 2016 or scheduled to demonstrate Stage 2 but did not intend on selecting the Stage 2 eRx objective.
- For returning providers, the EHR reporting period is a full calendar year from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
- For EPs, EHs, and CAHs that did not demonstrate meaningful use in a prior year, the reporting period is any continuous 90-day period.
EHR Reporting Period
The EHR reporting period must be completed within January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.