2016 MSPI GEN-I FOA: REISSUE
Re-Issue of the 2016 MSPI GEN-I Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Navajo, Phoenix, and Tucson IHS Areas
This FOA is ONLY open to Tribes, Tribal organizations, and IHS Federal facilities in the Navajo, Phoenix, and Tucson IHS Areas, as the 2016 MSPI GEN-I funding allocation for these areas was not fully awarded/expended in the initial award cycle process.
This FOA is specific to MSPI Purpose Area #4: Generation Indigenous (GEN-I) Initiative Support, with project work focusing on Native youth and families by promoting early intervention strategies and implementation of positive youth development programming to reduce risk factors for suicidal behavior and substance abuse.
Supporting information and documentation to assist in the FOA application process is listed below.
For Tribes and Tribal Organizations
- The re-issue of the GEN-I (MSPI Purpose Area #4) FOA for Tribes and Tribal organizations was announced via the Federal Register on December 7, 2016. Tribes and Tribal organizations in the Navajo, Phoenix, and Tucson Areas must apply for the MSPI Purpose Area #4 funding via the grant application process on Grants.gov.
- "New Applicants" refers to those applicants who are not a current MSPI Purpose Area #4 (GEN-I) grantees.
NOTE: If you are a current MSPI grantee in Purpose Areas #1, #2, or #3, you are considered a NEW APPLICANT.
- This funding opportunity announcement is available specifically for NEW APPLICANTS – those Tribes and Tribal organizations that DO NOT currently receive MSPI Purpose Area #4 grant funds.
- TO APPLY as a Tribe or Tribal organization: Download Funding Opportunity Announcement Number HHS-2017-IHS-MSPI-0001for Tribes and Tribal organizations.
For IHS Federal Facilities
- IHS Federal facilities are designated as IHS hospitals, clinics, or IHS Area Offices.
- The MSPI Federal program award opportunity was announced via the IHS Division of Behavioral Health on December 7, 2016. If you are an IHS facility (IHS Service Unit, IHS clinic or hospital, IHS Area Office), you must apply through the Federal program funding opportunity listed below.
- "New Federal Facility Applicants" refers to those applicants who are not a current MSPI Purpose Area #4 (GEN-I) Federal awardee.
NOTE: If you are current MSPI grantee in Purpose Areas #1, #2, or #3, you are considered a NEW FEDERAL FACILITY APPLICANT.
- This Federal program award opportunity is available specifically for NEW APPLICANTS – those IHS Federal Facilities that DO NOT currently receive MSPI Purpose Area #4 program award funds should apply.
- TO APPLY as an IHS Federal Facility Download the program award opportunity for NEW Federal Facility Applicants. [PDF - 106 KB]
Application Templates and Examples
After reviewing instructions applicable to your organization, please use the following template documents during the application process. The FOAs reference each template, so please read the applicable funding announcement thoroughly and carefully.
Tips for Preparing a Strong Application
Tips for Preparing a Strong Application [PDF - 40 KB]
- MSPI Proposal TEMPLATE (including instructions) [DOC - 42 KB]
- Attachment 1 MSPI One-year Timeline Chart TEMPLATE [DOC - 26 KB]
- Attachment 2 Biographical Sketch TEMPLATE [DOC - 22 KB]
- Attachment 3 Budget and Budget Narrative TEMPLATE [DOC - 25 KB]
- Example One-year Timeline Chart [PDF - 58 KB]
- Example Biographical Sketch [PDF - 36 KB]
- Example Budget and Budget Narrative [PDF - 76 KB]
HOW TO APPLY: Technical Assistance (TA) Webinar
Re-Issued MSPI GEN-I Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
for the Navajo, Tucson, and Phoenix IHS Areas
Presented by: Audrey Solimon, National MSPI Program Coordinator
Purpose: This TA webinar provided guidance for NEW APPLICANTS – Tribes, Tribal organizations, and IHS Federal facilities that DO NOT currently receive funding for MSPI Purpose Area #4, and that are in the Navajo, Phoenix, and Tucson IHS Areas.
Information on the re-issued FOA and application process was provided, and participants had an opportunity to ask questions about the Federal Register FOA requirements (for Tribes and Tribal organizations) and the Federal program funding opportunity requirements (for IHS Federal facilities). The TA webinar is one hour in duration, and time was dedicated toquestions/answers at the end of the webinar.
- Purpose of the re-issued MSPI GEN-I FOA
- Brief overview of the MSPI funding cycle
- Key information for the application and submission process
- Review of proposal requirements
- Brief review of proposal templates and examples
Virtual Office Hour Q&A Sessions for Re-Issued MSPI GEN-I FOA
Throughout the application phase, virtual office hour sessions will be held via Adobe Connect webinar, where potential applicants can attend at their convenience to ask questions about the application process. No slides will be presented during these question/answer sessions, and individuals will be able to log in/log out as needed. The virtual sessions will be held by the National MSPI Program Coordinator, Audrey Solimon.
Please locate the date/time of the virtual office hour session you would like to attend, and then click on the link below to join. If you prefer to call in on the day of your chosen session, please dial the number below.
- Adobe Connect Virtual Office Hour session link
- Conference Phone Number: 1-800-832-0736
- Passcode (please enter when prompted): 2007787#
NOTE: All times listed are Eastern Time (ET)
|Thursday, December 22, 2016||3:00 pm-4:00 pm ET|
|Tuesday, December 27, 2016||1:00 pm-1:45 pm ET|
|Wednesday, December 28, 2016||11:00 am-11:30 am ET|
|Friday, December 30, 2016||2:00 pm-2:30 pm ET|
|Tuesday, January 3, 2017||3:00 pm-3:30 pm ET|
|Thursday, January 5, 2017||3:00 pm-3:30 pm ET|
|Friday, January 6, 2017||11:00 am-12:00 pm ET|
|Monday, January 9, 2017||1:30 pm-2:30 pm ET|
|Monday, January 9, 2017||Application DEADLINE @ 11:59 pm ET|