As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Medicine Dish Presents - Medicare Part D Enrollment and Program Updates
We are pleased to present the next in our monthly webcast series created for providers in Indian Country. These programs serve as a path to open communication, providing information and promoting discussion about Medicare, Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), and other issues important to the health of American Indian and Alaska Native people.
TOPIC: Medicare Part D Enrollment and Program Updates
DATE: Wednesday, October 19, 2011
TIME: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time
WHAT TO EXPECT: Experts from IHS and CMS will discuss Medicare Part D Enrollment and recent Medicare program. Topics include:
- New dates for Open Enrollment
- Creditable coverage letters
- Plan changes for 2012
- Medicare Plan enrollment
- LIS, redeeming, and reassignment and
- Demonstration of the Medicare Plan Finder on http://www.medicare.com/
- Access link: http://videocast.nih.gov
- Webcast lines are limited. Real Player is necessary to see the program and can be downloaded for free from this website. Previous Medicine Dish programs are archived at this site under “Training and Meetings – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services” at this link: http://videocast.nih.gov/PastEvents.asp?c=80.
- Technical Login Support is available from this site.
Please join us for this broadcast and remember that you can access recordings of all of the previous shows at http://videocast.nih.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact Lindsey Cometa, if you have any questions.