Indian Health Service 2012 Physician Assistant of the Year Award
The Indian Health Service (IHS) Chief Clinical Consultant for Physician Assistants (PA) has an established IHS Physician Assistant of the Year Award. This award will be presented to an IHS/tribal/urban (I/T/U) PA recognized for outstanding leadership, exceptional clinical contributions and/or exemplary service and accomplishments that positively impact and contributes to health of American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/AN).
Current I/T/U Physician Assistants (commissioned officer or civilian) with at least 2 years of service to an I/T/U program may be nominated for the IHS PA of the Year Award. One nominee will be chosen each year. Members of the award review committee are not eligible.
Each recipient shall demonstrate leadership and/or significant impact in any of the following activities for a period of 2 years or more while working with an I/T/U service unit. Activities and accomplishments in non-I/T/U facilities will not be considered.
- Outstanding, unquestionable leadership in delivery of health services including but not limited to mentoring and impacting fellow Physician Assistants.
- Clinical excellence evidenced by quality work, improved outcomes with demonstrated and documented impact to patients.
- The application of unique skills or creativity in the approach or solution of a situation(s).
- Contributions or accomplishments that noticeably impacts and improves public health.
- Professional contributions significant to an I/T/U community, IHS region, or having a national impact on AI/AN.
- Courage and integrity in hazardous, austere or emergency environments impacting an AI/AN community.
Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by peer, supervisor or co-worker.
Completed application must be emailed to email@example.com by December 31, 2012. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Nomination form [WORD-66KB] (see pages 2-4)
- 1 letter of recommendation (see page 5) must be received by December 31, 2012.
- Updated resume (no more than 3 pages)
Questions may be addressed to Gary Cole at (602) 263-1181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.