As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
- Step-by-Step Guide to Medicare Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT) Reimbursement [PDF - 5.8 MB] – Provides information needed to obtain Medicare reimbursement for DSMT services which can significantly improve a patient's access to quality care and can help improve outcomes.
- Dietitian's Guide to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) [PDF - 3 MB] – Designed for dietitians and nutritionists to maximize and increase efficiency when using the EHR, the guide illustrates the use of EHR from beginning to end of the patient encounter. The tool can be used as an EHR training guide and a resource for existing EHR users.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Medicare Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and Reimbursement [PDF - 5 MB] – Provides information needed to obtain reimbursement for MNT which helps increase access to MNT services throughout the Indian health care system.
- Addendum, March 2012, Step-by-Step Guide to Medicare Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) Reimbursement [PDF - 1.6 MB] – Use this reference for updated information in Appendices A, B, C, and F for the Step-By-Step Guide to Medicare MNT Reimbursement.
- Medicine Dish: Invest in Nutrition – MNT and Reimbursement – View a recorded Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services-sponsored videocast with experts from IHS discussing MNT reimbursement.
Healthy Beverage Community Action
An action kit to assist Indian Communities promote increased consumption of water and more healthful beverages. Utilizing community mobilization techniques, the kit includes beverage assessments and tips for forming a healthy beverage team, as well as fact sheets on youth soda consumption, health consequences, and examples in practice such as the Lummi Nation's "Stop the Pop" Tribal Resolution.