Remote Work / Telework
As more employees are working from home due to the coronavirus outbreak here are some things to keep in mind to stay safe online when using IHS-issued devices, especially laptops and smartphones.
- Update home routers to the most current software and secure with a lengthy, unique passphrase.
- Avoid connecting to public Wi-Fi with government equipment whenever possible. If you must do so make sure you are using the IHS VPN solution.
- Keep devices stored in a secure location when not in use.
- Limit access to the device you use for work. Only the approved user should use the device (family and friends should not use a work-issued device).
- Update software with the latest patches on all devices (including antivirus and firewalls).
- Back up your data.
- Enable multi-factor authentication if offered.
- Set unique strong, lengthy passphrases for each online account. Remember to change them regularly.
- Disable passive listening devices such as Alexa, Cortana, and Echo during business meetings.