As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Continuing Education, Training Resources and Recognition
The foundation of any successful health care practice is to have satisfied employees. The following resources will help you acclimate new hires, as well as support and motivate them throughout their careers.
Free Online Continuing Education Through VHA TRAIN. VHA Train is a gateway into the national TRAIN Learning Network, made available through a partnership between IHS and the Department of Veterans Affairs. It provides free, high-quality continuing education training opportunities for professionals who protect and improve the public’s health. The VHA TRAIN calendar lists upcoming webinars and other programs and is updated monthly.
National Director's Awards
The Director of the Indian Health Service (IHS) recognizes individuals or groups of employees whose special efforts and contributions, beyond regular duty requirements, have resulted in significant benefits to IHS programs, priorities or customers and fulfillment of the IHS mission.
New Hire Quick Reference Guide [PDF - 1.1MB]
This comprehensive checklist is designed to help acclimate new hires by describing onboarding initiation practices set at specific times prior to the employee’s first day. Follow these guidelines to ensure that each new member of your staff feels welcome and supported and is well armed with the tools and knowledge necessary to take on his or her new roles.
Community Liaisons Brochure [PDF - 1.8MB]
This companion piece to the New Hire Successful Transition Quick Reference Guide (QRG) focuses on improving retention rates by preparing facility staff, Tribal leaders and the local community to welcome and mentor new health care staff as they begin their new roles as clinicians and members of the community.
Organizational Onboarding Program Guide [PDF - 3.9MB]
This guide for facility leadership is the next in our series of transitioning and orienting new employees. Here we describe the process of successfully onboarding new employees with an eye toward significantly improving retention rates.
Retention Best Practices PPT [PPT - 7.5MB]
Best Practice initiatives and strategies for facility leaders to present and share with their senior leadership staff.
"Thank You" Retention Email to Health Professionals [DOC - 261KB]
Send a note of appreciation (via email or print) to those whose service commitment is nearly complete, request a meeting to obtain their valuable feedback and use this opportunity to encourage them to consider a long-term position within your facility.
IHS Retention Briefs eNewsletter
Facility leaders, chief medical officers and key IHS executive staff share their best practice strategies for communicating with, investing in and retaining employees for the long term.
Retention Briefs Volume 3: Issues 1 – 9/February – October 2016
- Vol. 3/Issue 1 — February 2016: Preparing for a New Hire
- Vol. 3/Issue 2 — March 2016: Preparing Your Schools
- Vol. 3/Issue 3 — April 2016: Preparing Your Businesses
- Vol. 3/Issue 4 — May 2016: Onboarding: First Steps
- Vol. 3/Issue 5 — June 2016: Onboarding: Building in Support
- Vol. 3/Issue 6 — July 2016: Onboarding: Retention Timeline
- Vol. 3/Issue 7 — August 2016: Transitioning a New Hire
- Vol. 3/Issue 8 — September 2016: Working with a New Generation
- Vol. 3/Issue 9 — October 2016: Retention Starts with Recruiting
Retention Briefs Volume 2: Issues 1 – 8/January – August 2015
- Vol. 2/Issue 1 — January 2015: Anticipate Staff Needs
- Vol. 2/Issue 2 — February 2015: The Right Stuff
- Vol. 2/Issue 3 — March 2015: A Helping Hand
- Vol. 2/Issue 4 — April 2015: Retention Incentives
- Vol. 2/Issue 5 — May 2015: A Sound Investment
- Vol. 2/Issue 6 — June 2015: Taking Care of Business
- Vol. 2/Issue 7 — July 2015: Shared Decision Making
- Vol. 2/Issue 8 — August 2015: Taking the Next Step