What’s Happening in 2017
Mark your calendars for upcoming OHR Recruitment and Retention activities. IHS Recruiters, please submit events you are attending for recruitment here.
- IHS Virtual Career Fair Events
Chat with recruiters and Loan Repayment Analysts about IHS opportunities in all health profession disciplines:
- January 26 — COMPLETED
- February 28 — COMPLETED
- March 29 — COMPLETED
- September 28 (Thursday)
- National Conferences
- Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (Registered Nurses). March 4 – 7, 2017, Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, MO.
- Pri-Med West Conference 2017 (Advance Practice Nurses /Physician Assistants). May 11 – 13, 2017, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (Pharmacists). June 3 – 7, 2017, Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis.
- US Public Health Service Scientific and Training Symposium 2017 (USPHS). June 6 – 9, 2017, Chattanooga Marriott and Convention Center, Chattanooga, TN.
- American Medical Technologists Annual Meeting (Medical Technologists). July 9 – 13, 2016, The Intercontinental Hotel, Kansas City, MO.
- American Academy of Family Practitioners 2017 National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students (Physicians). July 27 – 29, 2017, Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, MO.
- Career MD Conference . Sept 23, 2017, Revere Hotel Boston Common, Boston.
- American College of Emergency Medicine (Emergency Medicine Physicians). Oct 30 – Nov 2, 2017, Walter Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC.
- NHSC Virtual Job Fairs
For more information, visit the Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) website :
Best Practice Advice“
By listening to employees, learning about their career goals and helping them to pursue those goals will not only show your appreciation for their skills, but will also empower staff members to seek those objectives within the Indian health program, further benefiting the facility and patient community.” – IHS Pharmacist, New Mexico