Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
Your Health Career Starts Here!
The IHS Scholarship Program is now accepting applications for health profession students seeking scholarship support for the 2017 – 2018 academic year. Click the Apply Now button to access the online application. The instructions below will assist you in preparing the required documentation you must submit in support of your online application. We also recommend that you use the resources listed under Program Materials to guide you through the application process.
Current recipients updating your scholarship status or applying for an extension of your scholarship must visit the Scholarship Extensions page for application information.
You must submit the following documentation as part of your application packet:
- Letter of Acceptance [PDF - 595 KB]/Letter of Application [PDF - 548 KB] — Either letter must be on official school letterhead. A letter of acceptance must clearly state that you were accepted (or admitted) to the college/university and include a semester or start date. Proof of application must include language that shows the college/university received your application and when the school expects to begin accepting new students. Reference our sample letters to ensure your document fulfills all program requirements.
- Documentation of American Indian Tribal or Alaska Native Village Membership [PDF - 4.3 MB]
- Official Transcripts [PDF - 1 MB] — You are required to send transcripts from every college/university or high school (if you have less than 30 college/university credit hours) attended. Official transcripts must arrive via a secure e-file delivery or in a sealed envelope with the institutional seal and/or the signature of the registrar. Reference our sample transcript to ensure your document fulfills all program requirements.
- Curriculum for Major [PDF - 739 KB] — You can find this document in your school’s course catalog. This document supports the Course Curriculum Verification form you submitted as part of your online application. It cannot be used in place of completing that form. Reference our sample form to ensure your document fulfills all program requirements.
The following forms are only required if your contacts cannot complete them via the online system:
- Faculty/Employer Evaluation (IHS-856-3) [PDF - 538 KB] — You must provide this form to your selected evaluator(s) if he or she cannot access the online form or would prefer to complete the form in writing.
- Course Curriculum Verification (IHS-856-6) [PDF - 65 KB] — You must provide this form to your selected advisor(s) if he or she cannot access the online form. This form must provide a detailed list of your projected coursework for each academic term in which you will be enrolled during the 2017 – 2018 academic year.
You are required to mail your supporting documentation to the IHS Scholarship Program office. The mailing address is:
Indian Health Service
Attn: Application — Supporting Documentation
5600 Fishers Lane
Mail Stop: OHR (11E53A)
Rockville, MD 20857
Application Cycle Open
Deadline: March 28, 2017.
The IHS Scholarship Program is accepting applications for scholarship support for the 2017 – 2018 academic year. You must submit your online application and mail your required supporting documentation to the IHS Scholarship Program postmarked no later than March 28, 2017.