Indian Children's Program (ICP)
The IHS Division of Behavioral Health Indian Children’s Program (ICP) provides education, training, and consultation on issues affecting American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) youth via IHS's Telebehavioral Health Center of Excellence (TBHCE). These services are available to all IHS, Tribal, and Urban (I/T/U) providers.
Education and Training
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders: A Tour of the DSM 5
Ongoing trainings are listed on the Telebehavioral Health Training page.
Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Series: An Overview and Introduction 4/4/2016
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Series: ASD Screening and Diagnosis of Young Children 4/25/2016
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Series: Supporting Individuals with ASD and Evidence-Based Practices 5/2/2016
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Series: Introduction to Applied Behavioral Analysis for ASD 5/23/2016
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Series: Differential Diagnosis and Comorbid Conditions in ASD 6/6/2016
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Series: Special Topics in ASD 6/27/2016
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
- An Overview and Introduction to the series 10/19/2016
- Screening and Diagnosis 10/26/2016
- Assessment of FASD 11/9/2016
- Therapeutic Interventions 11/16/2016
- FASD over the Lifespan 11/30/2016
Pediatric Neuropsychology Consultation
The Pediatric Neuropsychology Consultation Program is provided by the IHS TeleBehavioral Health Center of Excellence as part of the IHS Indian Children’s Program. This program is designed to support Primary Care Providers, Behavioral Health providers, and other clinical staff in their treatment of American Indian/Alaska Native youth. Consultations can give the clinician an additional expert opinion, clarify diagnoses, and provide behavioral treatment recommendations. Consultations are scheduled for the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm Mountain time.TO SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION, PLEASE VISIT OUR ONLINE REFERRAL FORM.
For additional information, see our ICP Pediatric Neuropsychology Consultation FAQs page.