The Indian Health Service (IHS) employs over 15,800 people on a number of sites in the United States in a variety of clinical and non-clinical roles. Over 62 percent of all IHS employees are of American Indian or Alaska Native Descent. However, if you have a health related degree you may have the option of joining the IHS as a civil servant or a commissioned officer in the Public Health Service (PHS).
Point of Contact:
Winnebago, NE 68071
Office: (402)-878-2440 x2008
How to Apply
There are several ways to apply for Jobs within the Indian Health Service. All the jobs are advertised on the IHS website as well as USAJOBS. However, it is very important to login to usajobs.com, register, and complete your profile. Some of the items you will be asked to supply are as follows:
- If claiming Indian Preference, you must submit the BIA Form 4432 "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in BIA and IHS".
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, you must submit a copy of DD-214 Form, and SF-15 if claiming 10 point Veteran's Preference.
- Copy of latest Personnel Action (SF-50), if a current or former Federal employee, and/or if requesting Reinstatement Eligibility.
- Copy of most recent performance appraisal, if a current Federal employee.
- Transcripts must be submitted with the application if requested in the announcement or if you are substituting education for experience.