As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Community Health Representatives
CHR's are here to assist you with health related concerns and your overall well being.
Top Ten Healthcare List
- Case Finding and Screening - Provide early detection of health conditions requiring attention.
- Care Management - collaborate with health providers to deliver holistic services.
- Emergency Care/Ambulance - CHR and EMT emergency care 24/7.
- Health Education - Provide awareness, motivation for prevention and curative care.
- Monitor Patient - provide community outreach such as blood pressure and blood glucose checks and follow-up health care.
- Patient Care - provide treatment and instructions to scheduled home visits for patients/clients.
- Intrepret/Translate - clarify medical treatment and or instructions.
- Homemaker Services - assist the disabled/elderly with home chores.
- Healthcare Transportation - provide transportation to patient/client to receive health-related issues.
- Other Patient Services - assisting and support for other services, funerals, clinics, and community events.
- Environmental - identify health or safety hazards in a patient's environment.
Emergency Phone Numbers:
CHR/EMS Office 402-878-2277
PHS Hospital 402-878-2231
Police Department 402-878-2245
Fire Department 402-878-2222
Dorothy L. Houghton, CHR?EMS Coordinator, NREMT-B
Cindy Scott-Aldrich, EMS Director, NREMT-Paramedic
Bobbie Jo Smith, CHR/EMS, Office Associate
Nicole Redhorn, MCH/Pediatric Specialist, EMT
Stephanie Parks, Adult Diabetes Specialist, EMT-B
Stuart Bowsher, Sr, Generalist, NREMT-B
Cari Hinrickson, CHR/ENMT, Youth Diabetes/Audiology Specialist
After Hours EMS Staff
Mona Zuffante, NREMT-B
Harold Cleveland, Jr., EMS Driver
Cheryl Ickler, NREMT-B
P.O. Box 752
Winnebago, NE 68071