CRS Performance Measure
Performance Measure Topic: Diabetes: Blood Pressure Control.
- All User Population patients diagnosed with diabetes prior to the Report Period.
- GPRA Denominator: Active Diabetic patients, defined as all Active Clinical patients diagnosed with diabetes prior to the Report Period, AND at least 2 visits during the Report Period, AND 2 DM-related visits ever.
- Active Adult Diabetic patients, defined by meeting the following criteria: 1) who are 19 or older at the beginning of the Report period, 2) whose first ever DM diagnosis occurred prior to the Report Period; 3) who had at least 2 DM related visits ever, 4) at least one encounter with DM POV in a primary clinic with a primary provider during the Report Period; and 5) never have had a creatinine value greater than 5.
- Patients with Blood Pressure documented during the Report Period, defined as mean of last 3 non-ER visit BP values (if 3 are not available, uses mean of 2 visits);
- GPRA Numerator: Patients with controlled Blood Pressure, defined as less than 130/80, i.e., the mean systolic value is less than 130 AND the mean diastolic value is less than 80;
- Patients with BP that is not controlled, defined as any value that is equal to or greater than 130/80.
- Denominator: Active Diabetic patients (see detailed definition above)
- Numerator: Patients with controlled blood pressure (less than 130/80)
GPRA Measure Target: During FY 2011, achieve the target rate of 39.0% for the proportion of patients with diagnosed diabetes who have achieved blood pressure control (defined as <130/80).