Chief Clinical Consultant for
Dr. Wesley Yamada483 W Seed Farm Rd
PO BOx 38
Sacaton, AZ 85147
Phone (602) 528-1258
Dr. Wesley Yamada is the Director of Podiatry Services and Director of Surgical Services at Hu Hu Kam Memorial Hospital, Sacaton, AZ. He was the second full-time Podiatrist ever hired by the IHS and been at his facility since 1987. He attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco, graduating in 1985. He completed his surgical residency training at the Jerry L. Pettis VA Hospital, Loma Linda, CA in 1987.
- Director of Podiatry Services, Hu Hu Kam Memorial Hospital, Sacaton, AZ 1987 - present
- Director of Surgical Services, Hu Hu Kam Memorial Hospital, Sacaton, AZ 1997 - present
- Double boarded in Podiatry by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and the American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Diabetic Foot Fellowship from the California College of Podiatric Medicine - 1997
- Double boarded in Wound Care by the American Board of Wound Management and American Board of Wound Healing
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association's Committee on Public Health
- Podiatry Residency Director 1996-2008
- Commander (0-5) Commissioned Corps Officer - Indian Health Service - 1987 - 1997
- US Air Force Reserves, Retired - 2003 - 2011
Dr. Yamada's goals:
- Promote Podiatric services across Indian Country to all interested Facilities.
- Matching the right Podiatric Provider to the right Facility is the Mission.
- Improve communications to: IHS Headquarters, Community/Tribal Leaders, the IHS Podiatry Community, and the patients we serve.
- Standardize Wound Care Practices and Resources.
- Improve Recruitment and Retention of Podiatrists.
- Establish Centers of Excellence for Residency Training and Amputation Prevention.
- Develop standardized Podiatry PD's, making it easier for hiring facilities to screen and adequately compensate Podiatric candidates.
- Promote and share best practices from the most successful programs to all Native Facilities with Podiatry Services.