Executive Committee. It is the responsibility of the NCCEO Executive Committee to:
- attend and participate in monthly, national and combined council meetings.
- participate in setting the Agency’s strategic action agenda.
- ensure NCCEO members understand the mission of IHS as well as the current national strategy(s) for achieving that mission.
- promote common understanding and implementation of the current Agency priorities, initiatives, and/or direction at a local level.
- recommend policy proposals to the IHS Director in matters that directly affect I/T/Us.
- contribute to the development of agendas for general, annual, and special meetings of the NCCEO.
- advocate and act on specific concerns of its membership in a professional and appropriate manner;
- support and promote all of the President's, Department's, and IHS's initiatives.
- develop and maintain an up-to-date list of all I/T/U CEOs/Health Directors in their respective Areas and communicate this list to the NCCEO Secretary.
- schedule and hold regular monthly communication with their Area constituencies and the Executive Committee.
- contribute to the development, support and advocacy of ongoing systems for recruitment, training and development, retention, succession planning, and recognition of professional CEOs/Health Directors.
- promote performance improvement and organizational development through effective leadership and management in support of health services delivery.
- promote activities and services that are culturally appropriate in raising the health status of American Indian and Alaska Native people.
Chairperson. It is the critical responsibility of the NCCEO Chairperson to:
- ensure the NCCEO has appropriate access to the IHS Director and key management staff.
- keep the NCCEO informed of decisions on NCCEO concerns made by the IHS Director.
- preside over monthly conference calls.
- preside over any meetings held in person, by telephone, or through video conference.
- establish and activate ad hoc committees to research and report on specific NCCEO concerns.
- be responsible for assigning tasks to and the coordinating reports for members of the Executive Committee.
- develop and present position statements and recommendations to the Executive Committee for approval.
- represent the position(s) of the NCCEO at IHS Leadership meetings or other meetings as required.
Vice Chairperson. It is the critical responsibility of the NCCEO Vice Chairperson to:
- assume the duties of the NCCEO Chairperson in the event of his orher absence.
- serve in any capacity as directed by the NCCEO Chairperson or the Executive Committee.
Secretary. It is the critical responsibility of the NCCEO Secretary to:
- assume the duties of the NCCEO Chairperson in the event of his or her absence and the absence of the NCCEO Vice-Chairperson.
- coordinate the preparation of monthly meeting agendas and communicate information to the NCCEO Executive committee.
- record, maintain, and distribute meeting minutes to the NCCEO Executive Committee.
- serve as directed by the NCCEO Chairperson, NCCEO Vice-Chairperson, or the Executive Committee.