2012 CHR Basic and Refresher Training
Please review all information below before registering.
You must be a CHR employed by a Tribe, Urban health program or IHS facility to apply.
Only students who have been notified of acceptance are allowed to attend the onsite training. We encourage all CHRs who need the training to register. For those of you who regrettably aren't selected, your numbers will help us demonstrate unmet training needs.
Registration opens on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 11 AM EST/10 AM CST/9 AM MST/8 AM PST. Please see "Register" weblink.
CHR Basic is for new CHRs who have not received a certificate of completion for that course. CHR Refresher is for those CHRs who haven't had a Refresher Training in the past 36-48 months.
- CHR Basic Training - Tulsa, OK July 16 - 28, 2012 (limited to 45 participants)
- Agenda [PDF - 153KB]
- Required Assignment: Students for Basic CHR Training will receive instructions for pre-course preparation prior to the onsite training. Students must submit all pre course tests by the deadline identified in acceptance letters to attend the onsite training in Tulsa, OK.
- CHR Refresher Training - Tulsa, OK July 23 - 28, 2012 (limited to 35 participants)
- Agenda [PDF - 137KB]
Applicants must complete the online registration form and include current proof of CPR Certification at the time of registration to be considered. After registering online, remember to fax a copy of your CPR/AED certification (adult, child, infant) to: (602) 364-7788. To confirm your fax has been received, call (602) 364-7777. It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to confirm that the fax was received.
To increase your opportunity to be accepted in the class, please register early with your proof of current CPR certification.
For Tribes that have left their IHS Headquarters (HQ) CHR shares, IHS pays the registration fee, travel, per diem and associated costs for a CHR approved to attend the training.
Registration fees are charged to Tribes that have taken their IHS HQ CHR shares and to Urban health program CHRs. The Tribe or Urban health program is responsible for travel, per diem and associated costs for a CHR approved to attend the training. The registration fee amounts are:
- CHR Basic: $1,550 per participant
- CHR Refresher: $975 per participant
Acceptance Notification Date:
Applicants who have been accepted will be notified by Wednesday, April 11, 2012.