Legislative History: 104th Congress – 1995 and 1996PL 104-313 (HR 3378) Extending M/M Demonstration [PDF – 182KB]
Purpose of HR 3378 amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to extend the demonstration program for direct billing of Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payors.
- 05/01/1996 – Referred to the House Committee on Resources. Referred to its Subcommittee on Native American and Insular Affairs.
- 06/19/1996 – House Subcommittee on Native American and Insular Affairs Discharged. House Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held. Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- 05/01/1996 – Referred to House Commerce Committee, referred to its Subcommittee on Health and Environment,.
- 08/01/1996 – Reported by the Committee on Resources. H. Rept. 104-742, Part I. [DOC – 48KB]
- 08/01/1996 – Committee on Commerce discharged.
- 09/04/1996 – House passed legislation by a voice vote.
- 09/19/1996 – Measure laid before Senate. Substitute Amendment SP 5392, introduced by Senator McCain, agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent, then passed.
- 09/27/1996 – House agreed to Senate amendment with an amendment
- 10/03/1996 – Senate agreed to the House amendment to the Senate amendment
- 10/10/1996 – Presented to President.
- 10/19/1996 – Signed by President. Became Public Law No: 104-313.