National Director's Awards
IHS Director's AwardPurpose: This award recognizes service significantly advancing the IHS mission and goals through enhancements supporting IHS priorities; these include renewing and strengthening Tribal partnerships; bringing reform to the IHS; improving quality and access to care for IHS patients; and ensuring transparency; accountability; fairness and inclusion.
All IHS employees or teams of employees, including Tribal employees and contractors. Teams may consist of employees from the same organization or from a number of different organizations.
- Exceptional initiative and leadership in carrying out projects to improve program operations
- Unusual acts of competence, compassion, or heroism
- Outstanding contributions to a committee or task force addressing IHS-wide policies, procedures, or operations
- Outstanding efforts in applying technical or clerical support skills to accomplish the IHS mission
- Skill and leadership in administration, knowledge dissemination, technology transfer, or skill building
- Displays of management ability, proficiency, and customer service performed in such a manner that the employee and/or team performed significantly above those with similar duties, and that the results of these efforts were distinctly beneficial to the Agency.
- In all cases, performance should clearly exceed expectations