Office of Direct Service and Contracting Tribes
1. IMPORTANT DATESApplication Deadline:
May 31, 2013
Receipt of Final Tribal Resolution:
July 07, 2013
Review of Applications:
July 08-12, 2013
Notification of Review Results:
August 15, 2013
Anticipated start date:
September 01, 2013
2. FUNDS AVAILABLE AND PERIOD OF SUPPORTFunds Available - The estimated amount of funds available, based on the Administration's request for the TMG Program, is approximately 2.5 million in Fiscal Year (FY) 2013. This estimated amount is anticipated to fund approximately 20-25 new and continuation awards.
- Feasibility Projects - Maximum funding is $70,000* per year; limit 1 year
- Planning Projects - Maximum funding is $50,000* per year; limit 1 year
- Evaluation Projects - Maximum funding is $50,000* per year; limit 1 year
- Health Management Structure Projects - approximately $100,000* per year; up to 3 years. Overall total may not to exceed $300,000 for a 3 year grant. See information about Multi-Year Projects.
3. LIMITATIONSA current Tribal Management Grant (TMG) recipient cannot be awarded a new, renewal, or competing continuation grant for any of the following reasons:
- A grantee may not administer two TMGs at the same time or have overlapping project/budget periods.
- A current project is not progressing in a satisfactory manner
- The current project is not in compliance with program and financial reporting requirements.
- No award shall be made to an application who has an outstanding delinquent Federal debt until either:
- The delinquent account is paid in full; or
- A negotiated repayment schedule is established and at least one payment is received.
4. INELIGIBLE ACTIVITIESThe TMGs may not be used to support recurring programs or to replace existing public and private resources. In addition, inclusion of any of the following activities will render the application ineligible and the application will be returned to the applicant:
- Planning and negotiation activities associated with the intent of a tribe to enter the IHS Self-Governance Project. A separate grant program is administered by the IHS for this purpose. Please contact the Office of Tribal Self-Governance for further information.
- Projects related to water, sanitation, and waste management.
- Projects that include direct patient care and/or equipment to provide those medical services to be used to establish or augment or continue direct patient clinical care are not allowable. Medical equipment that is allowable under the Special Diabetes Grant Program is not allowable under the TMG Program. This also includes recruitment efforts for direct patient care services.
- Projects that include long-term care or provision of direct services.
- Projects that include tuition, fees, or stipends for certification or training of staff to provide direct services.
- Projects that include pre-planning, design, and planning of construction of facilities, including activities related to Program Justification Documents.
- Projects that propose more than one project type. An example of a proposal with more than one project type that would be considered ineligible may include the creation of a strategic health plan (defined by TMG as a planning project type) and improving third-party billing structures (defined by TMG as a health management structure project type).
Back To Top