Although the federal government does not require a standard application form for most jobs, the Indian Health Service requires certain information to evaluate your qualifications and determine if you meet legal requirements for federal employment.
- Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- If claiming Indian Preference, you must submit the BIA Form 4432 "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in BIA and IHS."
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, you must submit a copy of the DD-214 Form. If you claim 10-point Veteran’s Preference, you must also submit an SF-15 Form.
- A copy of the latest Personnel Action (SF-50) if a current or former federal employee and/or if requesting reinstatement eligibility
- If you are a current federal employee, you must submit a copy of your most recent performance appraisal.
- Transcripts must be submitted if requested in the job announcement or if you are substituting education for experience.
- A signed Addendum to Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) Indian Health Service Child Care Indian Child Care WorkerPositions may be required. (Note: You will be required to complete a security questionnaire and fingerprint chart for investigative purposes under the PL 101-630 Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.)*
- Declaration for Federal Employment (Form OF-306)
- A copy of your medical license
*Note: Persons who have been arrested for or charged with a crime involving a child or a violent crime against a person are not eligible for employment with IHS under PL 101-630.
Visit the IHS Human Resources Web site for more information on the application process.