IHS has developed the following modules in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines on information security awareness and information security training. All IHS information system users must take annual security awareness in order to fulfill Federal mandates and regulations. In addition, all new users must successfully complete these modules within 24 hours of receiving access unless the user has read the IHS Quick Guide to Information Security [PDF - 249KB] in which case they will have 30 days to complete the training. Failure to adequately complete these awareness modules will result in the loss of information systems access.
These modules fulfill an IHS user’s annual requirements for the following:
NOTE: Some users may be required to take additional Privacy and HIPAA Training. Contact your supervisor for additional information.
- Acknowledgement and acceptance of the IHS Rules of Behavior
- Flash-based Information Systems Security Awareness Interactive Training (users will need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to complete this)
- IHS Information Systems Security Awareness Overview
- Incident Response
- Learning From Past Incidents
- Protecting Sensitive Information
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act & the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
To begin your training please select the appropriate button below.