Resources and Materials
OTSG Informational PacketTo improve awareness of the resources and services provided by OTSG and its role in assisting Tribes through the process of self-governance, as well as to improve communication with the Tribes, the OTSG chose to refine, update and improve its communication materials in 2012. OTSG carried the same design theme, tone, color palette and images throughout its suite of materials (pocket folder brochure, stepped slipsheets, accordion-style QRG (Z-Card), handbook and website).
- Pocket Folder Brochure [PDF - 15.4MB]
- Map of Current Self-Governance Tribes Slipsheet [PDF - 1.8MB]
- Frequently Asked Questions About Tribal Self-Governance Slipsheet [PDF - 2MB]
- Differences Between Title I Contracting and Title V Compacting Slipsheet [PDF - 2.2MB]
The OTSG Quick Reference Guide (Z-Card) The Indian Health Service (IHS) Office of Tribal Self-Governance (OTSG) updated its Quick Reference Guide (QRG) for distribution to interested parties who participate in the self-governance exploration and decision making process in 2012. The resulting Accordian-fold, QRG (Z-Card) contains information about the OTSG mission, functions and self-governing Tribes as well as a map listing the geographic locations of each self-governing Tribe.
- Z-Card [PDF - 5.6MB]
IHS OTSG Tribal Self-Governance Program Negotiations Handbook The Indian Health Service (IHS) Office of Tribal Self-Governance (OTSG) updated its Negotiations Handbook in 2012 to provide an understandable, well-organized and convenient reference guide for key decision makers and managers to use during the migration and administration of the Tribal self-governance model.
- Handbook [PDF - 18MB]
Funding OpportunitiesFor information about Tribal Self-Governance eligibility and the steps to follow to apply for funding, visit Eligibilty and Funding. For information specific to OTSG funding, you can also visit Grants.gov .
- Visit the Indian Health Service (IHS) Calendar.
- Read IHS Director Yvette Roubideaux's Director's Blog.
- For information about additional IHS Committees, visit the IHS Consultation website.