What is iCare? Answer: Population Management
iCare is a Population Management software tool that helps you efficiently manage the care of your patients. When utilized in conjunction with the IHS Electronic Health Record (EHR) tool, iCare provides a comprehensive view of patient information. The ability to create multiple panels of patients with common characteristics (e.g., age, diagnosis, community) allows you to personalize the way you view patient data. This provides staff, clinics and sites invaluable access to information, enhancing the clinical decision making experience.
Through iCare's interface IHS has reduced the learning curve making information more easily accessible. iCare retrieves important patient information from various components of the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) database and brings it together under a single, user-friendly interface.
At a glance:
- Graphic User Interface into RPMS patient data
- Complements EHR
- Custom patient panels
- Facilitates provider review
- Population, community, and patient perspective views
- Improved management of breast, cervical, colon, and skeletal health procedures
Who Should Use iCare?
Any provider who needs to identify a group of patients for either long-term management or simply to create a temporary list should think about using iCare. Do you fit any of the following scenarios?
- I am a nurse at a facility that works closely with several primary care providers. Every day, I want to create a list of scheduled patients for the different doctors in my clinics.
- I want to identify which of my patients are considered obese so I can recommend nutrition counseling.
- I want to identify which patients did not keep their appointments at one of my clinics
- Because providers at our clinic have performance goals related to annual GPRA clinical measures, I want to identify which of my patients are missing key clinical data.
- I am one of two part-time case managers for a group of children, and I want to create a patient list that we both can use
iCare Version History
iCare v2.3 Patch 4 introduces quite a few new features. The primary goal was to support Meaningful Use Stage 2 Certification.
Features included in iCare v2.3
- IPC Tabs
- Patient Detail
- Panel Detail
- Provider Aggregated (IPC Export)
- Facility Aggregated
- Fix some IPC measure denominator count
- Enhanced Panel Definitions
- Categorize panels
- Define as an IPC panel
- Locate patients NOT assigned to a Primary Care Provider
- Create panels based on multiple providers
- Create panels based on primary care teams
- Create employee health panels
- Define based on labs or patients who have NOT had a lab
- Define base on medications or patients who are NOT on a medication
- Panel View: Definition Details tab (Additional details displayed based on how the panel was defined)
- Panel Definition: CPT added
- Panel Definition: Patient Education added
- Timeframe definition updates
- Enhanced Care Management Group Options
- Care Management Tab: COPD
- Care Management Tab: Diabetes
- Care Management Tab: Immunizations
- Employee Health view updated to include series for MMR, Hep A, Hep B
- Extend the HMS Quality of Care timeout beyond fifteen minutes
- Enhanced MU Clinical Quality Measures Reporting
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 Certification
- Panel Definition enhancements (create panels or lists of patients based on):
- Date of Birth
- Inpatient Status (Admits/Discharges)
- Emergency Room Status (Admits/Discharges)
- Preferred Communication Preference (Aid to patient reminders and notification)
- Preferred Language
- Problem(s) (Individual/Multiple/Taxonomy by status)
- Reminders (Due/Overdue)
- Lab(s) (Filter by specific lab values/results)
- Performance Measure Updates
- Audit Logging (Capture of Viewing/Export of Patient Information activities). See package IHS USER SECURITY AUDIT (BUSA) for more information.
- Reminders (Patient reminders can be processed in iCare to support Performance Measures)
- Performance Measures will automatically run monthly
- Pregnancy Diagnostic Tag
- Support for BMX 4.0
- Allows support multiple server environment
- Addition of New Site Parameters
- Employee health
- Pregnancy definition
- IPC data collection
- iCare inactivity timeout
- iCare Site Parameters: Divisions (define your sites divisions)
- User Enhancements
- Display National Measures by Division
- Fix TIU display
iCare v2.2 - Meaningful Use (MU) / Certification
iCare v2.2 focused on MU and Certification requirements enhancing the visibility of measures through a graphic user interface.
Features included in iCare v2.2:
- Introduction of MU tabs
- Provider Performance
- Hospital/CAHs Performance
- Provider Clinical Quality
- Hospital/CAHs Clinical Quality
iCare v2.1 - CMET
New with iCare v2.1 is the addition of the Care Management Event Tracking (CMET) module. This module adds all new functionality to better address the needs of Women's Health. CMET provides a platform to track and manage patients with events falling under four specific categories: Breast, Cervical, Colon, and Skeletal. To learn more about these great new features visit the CMET link in the left menu.