Purpose: The Steering Committee is responsible for the delivery of tasks associated with ICD-10 project planning and implementation.
Goal: To effect a successful migration from ICD-9 to ICD-10 activities including reviewing current business processes, designing methods to implement the new coding system and to prepare the workforce.
- To achieve consensus and support within the subgroup membership ensuring a multidisciplinary approach
- To provide program management support that ensures software analysis, design and planning meet the EPLC framework
- To be an advocate for subgroups
- To create best practices for implementation approaches and alternatives
- To meet mandatory timelines established by CMS
- To provide the I/T/U community with a variety of training strategies
- To address implementation risks and issues
Members: The ICD-10 Steering Committee includes clinical, technical and business representatives from Federal, Tribal (ISAC) and Urban programs.
Points of Contact: