This online course contains 6 lessons that prepare health paraprofessionals to assist people with diabetes. Topics include:
- Introduction to diabetes
- Using clinical practice guidelines to reduce risk
- Healthy eating strategies for managing diabetes
- Physical activity, monitoring and goal setting
- Diabetes medication information and taking medications safely
- Helping diabetes patients stay safe and prevent complications
The course takes about 6 hours to complete.
Eligibility criteria: Any health care worker will benefit from taking this course. All Community Health Representatives, Licensed Practical Nurses, Pharmacy Technicians and Medical Assistants are encouraged to take this course.
Note: You will have six months to complete the course.
Please fax or email your completed application form to:
DDTP/AADE Partnership Training Programs
c/o the Hill Group