As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
SDPI Community-Directed Grant Resources
- SDPI Fiscal Year 2019 Continuation Application – Information, instructions, and documents for the required FY 2019 Continuation Application.
- SDPI Training – Information about upcoming and recorded required, optional, and Q&A webinars.
SDPI Diabetes Best Practices and SOS
- SDPI Diabetes Best Practices – Focused areas for improvement of diabetes prevention and treatment outcomes in communities and clinics. Each year grantees must select one Best Practice and implement activities/services aimed at improving the Required Key Measure (RKM).
- Integrating Case Management Into Your SDPI Diabetes Best Practice [PDF – 290 KB] – Use this Case Management guide to assist you in meeting the health needs of individuals in your clinic and community diabetes programs.
- Integrating Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Into Your SDPI Diabetes Best Practice [PDF – 275 KB] – Explore strategies and tools to enhance DSMES in your diabetes program.
- SDPI Outcomes System (SOS) – Web-based data system for SDPI Grant programs to track data for the RKM of their selected Best Practice. At least one person in your program must have access to the SOS.
- What is Required for this Grant – Overview of grant expectations and requirements, including a link to a copy of the Programmatic Terms and Conditions.
- Tips for New Program Coordinators – Steps towards getting a "running start" on your SDPI Community-Directed grant. This page also has contact information for your Grants Management Specialist.
Please include your name, contact information, program name, and grant number when submitting questions.