June is Men’s Health Month
Regular checkups, staying active, and eating a balanced diet can help improve the health of American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) men and boys. Take action and make health a priority!
- Get Preventive Tests done. Talk to your doctor about what you need.
- Use the Improve Your Health Tool to set up a health care plan with your provider.
- Check out Health Topics and listen to the Health Screening and Testing podcast.
Quality Health Care at IHS
Our patients are our first priority. Quality health care reduces disparities and promises a future that assures excellence for our patients across the IHS system.
- Letter to Tribal Leaders: New 5-Point Strategy we are using to guide our quality of care.
- IHS Principal Deputy Director, Mary Smith’s OpEd in the Rapid City Journal .
13th Annual Direct Service Tribes National Meeting & 6th Annual Great Plains Health Summit
"Empowering Indian Health for Future Generations"
The IHS Direct Service Tribes Advisory Committee and the Great Plains Tribal Chairmen's Health Board (GPTCBH) will partner in hosting the Direct Service Tribes 13th Annual National Meeting & 6th Annual GPTCHB Health Summit to be held August 31-September 1 at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City, SD.Next
Affordable Care Act Special Protections
Members of federally recognized Tribes and Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act Corporation shareholders can enroll in Marketplace coverage year round and are eligible for cost sharing protections . American Indians, Alaska Natives and people eligible for services through IHS, tribal or urban Indian health programs may claim an exemption from the penalty for not having coverage.
- Visit the Health Insurance Marketplace to enroll or call 1-800-318-2596. See the IHS Affordable Care Act Webpage.
- Read ACA success stories published by the IHS Tribal Self-Governance Advisory.
IHS Blog: People, Patients and Programs
The IHS website is one of the most important communication tools for our patients and providers. Through a new initiative to promote the IHS Areas, the IHS Blog now showcases some of IHS’ best people, ideas and programs. Posts from authors across IHS include positive stories about employees and patients.Next
find Health Care
Find a health care facility near you
begin Your Career
Search available jobs at IHS
Notice Regarding Shiprock Service Unit Privacy Breach [PDF - 80 KB]