Skip to site content

Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives

Scroll To Top

Suggestions & Complaints

If you have a suggestion or a complaint concerning the service provided at an Indian Health Service (IHS) facility, you will need to contact the facility to determine what their specific complaint process is. You can find a listing of all IHS facilities and phone numbers in the Indian Health Service Directory.

HIPAA Complaints

If you believe that a person, agency or organization covered under the HIPAA Privacy Rule ("a covered entity") violated your (or someone else’s) health information privacy rights or committed another violation of the Privacy Rule, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). OCR has authority to receive and investigate complaints against covered entities related to the Privacy Rule. A covered entity is a health plan, health care clearinghouse, and any health care provider who conducts certain health care transactions electronically. For more information about how to file a complaint visit the Office of Civil Rights website – How to file a complaintExit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving View the HIPAA complaint Fact SheetExit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving

Fraud, Waste, Abuse and Mismanagement

All employees, contractors and anyone who has contact with the IHS can combat fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. We encourage you to report these matters to the IHS Program Integrity and Ethics Staff via IHS Fraud, Waste, Abuse and Mismanagement OR the Department of Health Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG)Exit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving