2022 SDPI Grant Application
Guidance for Application Process
Grantees will need to create an amendement in GrantSolutions:
- Log into GrantSolutions, find the SDPI grant, and open the “Amendments” link.
- Click “New”.
- Select “SDPI Extension with Funding” from the list of amendment types.
- Upload all required documents.
- Contact your Grants Management Specialist (GMS) for questions and to ensure all the information is submitted.
Further information including slides and resources are provided on the SDPI Training webpage.
- SDPI 2022 Grant Application Kickoff – Required SDPI grantee webinar provided on 8/31/2021 (1 hour, 11 minutes).
Template and Reports
Some forms can be completed within GrantSolutions. In addition, the following template and reports are provided below and must be completed, downloaded, and submitted in GrantSolutions.
- SDPI 2022 Project Narrative Template [PDF – 2 MB]: If using this template, download and complete offline using Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro. Alternatively, all required information from this template can be provided on a separate document.
- IHS Diabetes Audit Reports for 2020 and 2021 – The annual Diabetes Audit reports for 2020 and 2021 are PDF documents that can be downloaded from the WebAudit, either directly, or by requesting the report from your local facility, or Area Diabetes Consultant.
SDPI 2022 Grant Application Checklist [PDF – 190 KB] – Download and use this checklist to ensure all requirements are addressed/submitted.
Standard Form for amendments that propose sub-grantees
This form is provided ONLY for planning purposes or for use by those that propose sub-grantees or sub-contractors. GrantSolutions will provide the official version of this form that must be completed by all primary grantees.
Due Date and Submission
Submit SDPI grant applications by October 1, 2021.
Note: Sub-grantees will need to check with their primary program on due date.
What Comes Next?
All grant applications will be screened for adherence to submission requirements. Grantees may be contacted to provide missing documentation or required reports. Alternatively, grantees may be notified of missing documents and reports in the Special Grant Condition section of their 2022 Notice of Award.
Grant applications that pass screening will be reviewed by the Program Officer, or their designee, based on the following:
- Compliance with Terms and Conditions outlined in the 2021 Notice of Award
- Satisfactory business (fiscal) review
- Satisfactory programmatic review, including:
- Completeness of responses to questions asked in the Project Narrative.
- Documented plan for continued work and evaluation in 2022
Grantees who are approved with restrictions will have Special Grant Condition(s) placed on their 2022 Notice of Award. Special Grant Conditions are notes added to the Notice of Award that describe missing documentation or revisions needed. Some special grant conditions may restrict funding until certain documents or revisions are submitted and approved.
Please include your name, contact information, and program name when submitting questions.