SDPI Community-Directed Grant Program
Continuation Application for FY 2020
Application Kit Access and Submission
Non-competitive applications must be accessed and submitted using GrantSolutions.gov:
- Log into GrantSolutions.
- Click on "Apply for Non Competing Award"; this link will be available under "My Grants List".
- Complete online forms and upload file attachments for each enclosure in the application kit.
- Once forms and uploads are complete, Verify, then submit your application using the buttons and prompts provided on the GrantSolutions screen.
The Division of Grants Management offers training monthly on GrantSolutions. Visit the SDPI Training webpage for further details. Sub-grantees will need to check with their primary programs on submission preferences.
Webinars and Recordings
- Required Informational Webinar – All grantees should plan to attend the live webinar or watch the recording when it becomes available.
- No required webinars currently scheduled.
- Optional Informational Webinar – While not required, grantees are encouraged to attend the live webinar or watch the recording when it becomes available.
- No optional webinars currently scheduled.
- Q&A Webinars – Live Question and Answer sessions are one-hour webinars that provide an overview and opportunity to ask questions about the application process. Currently scheduled sessions are listed below.
- No Q&A webinars currently scheduled.
- Recorded Webinars
- Continuation Application Overview – Overview of SDPI application webpage, checklist, and resources. (13 minutes)
- Instructions Overview – Overview of Continuation Application Instructions for FY 2020. (18 minutes)
- Project Narrative Overview – Overview and tips on how to successfully complete the template (18 minutes)
Also review the following required and optional webinars, which are also provided on the SDPI Training webpage.
- SDPI FY 2020 Continuation Application Kickoff – Required SDPI grantee webinar provided on 06/13/2019 (1 hour).
- SDPI Community-Directed FY 2020 Continuation Application Instructions [PDF – 1.5 MB]
- Continuation Application Checklist [PDF – 996 KB]
Application Template and Reports
In the GrantSolutions application kit, some forms can be completed within the package. In addition, the following template and reports must be completed or downloaded and attached to the application kit. Review the Instructions [PDF – 1.5 MB] and Application Checklist [PDF – 996 KB] to ensure that you have included all required forms, templates, and other documents in your application kit.
- IHS Division of Diabetes Project Narrative for FY 2020 [PDF – 2 MB]: This template must be completed by all applicants. Complete and save the template using Acrobat Reader or Pro, then upload to the application kit.
- IHS SDPI Outcomes System (SOS) Required Key Measure (RKM) Data Summary Report – The RKM Data Summary Report is a PDF report that can be downloaded from the SOS (go to "Reports" in the left-hand menu after logging into the SOS). This report provides the information that your program has submitted into the SOS.
- IHS Diabetes Audit Reports for 2018 and 2019 – The annual Diabetes Audit reports for 2018 and 2019 are PDF documents that can downloaded from the WebAudit, either directly, or by requesting the report from your local facility, or Area Diabetes Consultant.
The following may be helpful in preparing your application:
- Biographical sketch form [PDF] – Optional form that can be used to provide brief experience and educational backgrounds of new key personnel who were not included in the FY 2019 application. Complete and save the form using Acrobat Reader or Pro, then upload to the application kit.
These forms are provided ONLY for planning purposes or for use by applicants that propose sub-grantees or sub-contractors. The GrantSolutions application kit includes the official versions of these forms that must be completed by all primary grantees.
- SF-424 Application for Federal Assistance [PDF]
- SF-424A Budget Information – Nonconstruction Programs [PDF]
- SF-424B Non-construction Programs [PDF]
- SF-PPR Performance Progress Report [PDF]
- Project/Performance Site Location(s) [PDF]
- Certification Regarding Lobbying [PDF]
- Key Contacts [PDF]
- Faith Based Survey [PDF]
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities [PDF]
Application Due Date
The FY 2020 Continuation Application due date will be on or around September 2, 2019. The official due date will be made available in GrantSolutions.
Note: Sub-grantees will need to check with their primary program on due date.
What Comes Next?
All applications will be reviewed for adherence to the instructions from DGM and the Division of Diabetes, including submission of all required documents. Applicants that do not submit all required documents in the correct format may be contacted to provide the missing documentation before their application is reviewed. This may result in a delayed review. Grantees may also be notified of missing documents and reports as a Special Grant Condition on their FY 2020 Notice of Award.
The FY 2020 continuation application process is not competitive and applications will not be reviewed by an Objective Review Committee. Instead, ADCs or their designees will review the applications. FY 2020 Continuation Application approval is dependent on:
- Compliance with Terms and Conditions outlined in the FY 2019 Notice of Award
- Satisfactory business (fiscal) review of the FY 2020 application
- Satisfactory programmatic review of the FY 2020 application, including:
- Completeness of information using the correct Project Narrative template.
- Submission of baseline data into the SOS.
- Documented plan for continued work and evaluation in FY 2020.
Please include your name, contact information, and program name when submitting questions.