SDPI Community-Directed Grant Program Continuation Application
for FY 2019
Application Kit Access and Submission
Non-competitive applications must be accessed and submitted using GrantSolutions.gov:
- Log into GrantSolutions.
- Click on "Apply for Non Competing Award"; this link will be available under "My Grants List".
- Complete online forms and upload file attachments for each enclosure in the application kit.
- Once forms and uploads are complete, Verify, then submit your application using the buttons and prompts provided on the GrantSolutions screen.
The Division of Grants Management offers training monthly on GrantSolutions. Visit the SDPI Training webpage for further details. Sub-grantees will need to check with their primary programs on submission preferences.
Recorded WebinarsBelow is a list of recorded overviews focusing on specific documents of the SDPI FY 2019 Continuation Application process.
- Instructions Overview – Provides overview of the Continuation Application Instructions for FY 2019. (34 minutes)
- Project Narrative Overview – Provides overviews and tips on how to successfully complete the template. (32 minutes)
- SDPI FY 2019 Continuation Application Kickoff – Required SDPI grantee webinar provided on 06/28/2018. (57 minutes)
- SDPI FY 2019 Best Practice and Target Group Overview – Optional SDPI grantee webinar provided on 7/18/2018. (59 minutes)
- SDPI Community-Directed FY 2019 Continuation Application Instructions [PDF – 1.49 MB]
- Continuation Application Checklist [PDF – 998 KB]
Programmatic Application Template and Reports
In the GrantSolutions application kit, some forms can be completed within the package. In addition, the following template and reports must be completed or downloaded and attached to the application kit. Review the Instructions [PDF – 1.49 MB] and Application Checklist [PDF – 998 KB] to ensure that you have included all required forms, templates, and other documents in your application kit.
- IHS Division of Diabetes Project Narrative for FY 2019 [PDF – 1.59 MB]: This template must be completed by all applicants. Complete and save the template using Acrobat Reader or Pro, then upload to the application kit.
- IHS SDPI Outcomes System (SOS) Required Key Measure (RKM) Data Summary Report – The RKM Data Summary Report is a PDF report that can be downloaded from the SOS (go to "Reports" in the left-hand menu after logging into the SOS). This report provides the information that your program has submitted into the SOS.
- IHS Diabetes Audit Reports for 2017 and 2018 – The annual Diabetes Audit reports for 2017 and 2018 are PDF documents that can downloaded from the WebAudit, either directly, or by requesting the report from your local facility, or Area Diabetes Consultant.
The following may be helpful in preparing your application:
- Biographical sketch form [PDF] – Optional form that can be used to provide brief experience and educational backgrounds of new key personnel who were not included in the FY 2018 application. Complete and save the form using Acrobat Reader or Pro, then upload to the application kit.
These forms are provided ONLY for planning purposes or for use by applicants that propose sub-grantees or sub-contractors. The GrantSolutions application kit includes the official versions of these forms that must be completed by all primary grantees.
- SF-424 Application for Federal Assistance [PDF]
- SF-424A Budget Information – Nonconstruction Programs [PDF]
- SF-424B Non-construction Programs [PDF]
- SF-PPR Performance Progress Report [PDF]
- Project/Performance Site Location(s) [PDF]
- Certification Regarding Lobbying [PDF]
- Key Contacts [PDF]
- Faith Based Survey [PDF]
- Disclosure of Lobbying Activities [PDF]
Application Due Date
The FY 2019 Continuation Application due date will be on or around September 2, 2018. The official due date will be made available in GrantSolutions.
Note: Sub-grantees will need to check with their primary program on due date.
What Comes Next?
All applications will be reviewed for adherence to the instructions from DGM and the Division of Diabetes, including submission of all required documents. Applicants that do not submit all required documents in the correct format may be contacted to provide the missing documentation before their application is reviewed. This may result in a delayed review. Grantees may also be notified of missing documents and reports as a Special Grant Condition on their Notice of Award issuing funds for FY 2019.
The FY 2019 continuation application process is not competitive and applications will not be reviewed by an Objective Review Committee. Instead, Division of Diabetes program staff or their designees will review applications. FY 2019 Continuation Application approval is dependent on:
- Compliance with Terms and Conditions outlined in the FY 2018 Notice of Award
- Satisfactory business (fiscal) review
- Satisfactory programmatic review, including:
- Completeness of information using the correct Project Narrative document.
- Documented baseline data from the SOS.
- Documented plan for continued work and evaluation in FY 2019.
Please include your name, contact information, and program name when submitting questions.