Check this webpage frequently for a list of upcoming conferences, workshops and trainings related to diabetes and Indian health issues. Learn about the latest diabetes treatment and prevention strategies. Take an opportunity to share and network with each other. In addition, CME/CE credits may be offered.
Taking Control of Your Diabetes (TCOYD) Conference and Health Fair
The Ultimate Diabetes Event - See site for dates and locations.
The focus is on the importance of diabetes education and being your own best advocate when it comes to your condition. TCOYD conferences and health fairs bring together people with diabetes and those at risk with medical professionals and diabetes-related experts.
Nicotine Dependence Treatment Continuing Education & Certification Program
October 6 – 10, 2014 | University of Arizona | Tucson, AZ
Learn, teach, heal, and build systems to prevent and treat nicotine dependence. This training opportunity provides 5 different programs as follows:
- Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills Certification for Medical & Allied Professionals
- INSTRUCTOR Basic Tobacco Intervention Skills Certification for Medical & Allied Health Professionals
- Treatment Specialist for Nicotine Dependence Certification
- INSTRUCTOR Treatment Specialist for Nicotine Dependence Certification
- Instructional Specialist Certification of Nicotine Dependence Treatment
30th Annual Alaska Native Diabetes Conference 2014
Diabetes Care, Prevention, and Treatment in Alaska Native People
December 3 – 5, 2014 | Hotel Captain Cook | Anchorage, AK
This is a healthcare conference to advance diabetes knowledge for healthcare professionals. Nationally recognized and local experts will update attendees on kidney disease, healthy eating, obesity medications, managing type 1 and type 2 diabetes, insulin pumps, research, diabetes burnout, exercise and more!
Back to Top