Part 5, Chapter 19: Manual Exhibit 5-19.3B
Summary of Reference for Legislative Mandates
and Regulatory Guidances that Concern
IHS Grants and Cooperative Agreement
PART I -- LEGISLATIVE MANDATES
- Program Authorities:
- P.L. 93-638, as amended, Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, specific grants and compact authorities;
- P.L. 94-437, as amended, Indian Health Care Improvement Act, specific grants authorities;
- P.L. 101-630, as amended, Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, specific grants authorities;
- P.L. 78-410, as amended, Public Health Service Act, specific grants authorities.
- Appropriation and Administrative Authorities:
- Current Appropriations Act;
- 5 U.S. Code 551, Administrative Procedures Act;
- P.L. 101-121, sec. 1352, Limitation on Lobbying;
- P.L. 99-509, Program Fraud Civil Remedies Act;
- 18 USC 287 and 1001, False Claims Act;
- P.L. 9-23, Freedom of Information Act;
- P.L. 93-579, Privacy Act;
- P.L. 103-277, sec. 1041-1044, Pro-Children Act of 1994;
- P.L. 94-168, Metric Conversion Act of 1975, as amended by P.L. 100-418, the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988;
- 31 USC 1341-1351, Anti-Deficiency Act;
- Executive Order 12372, Intergovernmental Review of Federal Programs.
PART II -- REGULATORY GUIDANCES
- Program Regulations:
- 42 CFR Part 36, Subpart H, Grants and Contracts for Development, Construction, and Operation of Health Facilities and Service
- 42 CFR Part 36, Subpart J, Indian Health Care Improvement Act Programs
- Administrative Regulations:
- 45 CFR Part 74, Administration of Grants;
- 45 CFR Part 92, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements to State and Local Governments;
- 45 CFR Part 50, Subpart D, PHS Grants Appeals Procedure;
- 45 CFR Part 16, Department Grants Appeals Procedure;
- 45 CFR Part 100, Intergovernmental Review of PHS Programs;
- 45 CFR Part 76, Debarment and Suspension from Eligibility for Financial Assistance;
- 45 CFR Part 46, Protection of Human Subjects;
- 45 CFR Part 30, Subpart B, HHS Claims Collection Regulations.
- Non-Discrimination Regulations:
- 45 CFR 80, Nondiscrimination Under Programs Receiving Federal Assistance;
- 45 CFR Part 84, Nondiscrimination Based on Handicap;
- 45 CFR Part 86, Nondiscrimination Based on Sex;
- 45 CFR Part 91, Nondiscrimination Based on Age;
- 45 CFR Part YY, Indian Preference.
- OMB Circulars:
- A-89, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance;
- A-102, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements to State and Local Governments;
- A-110, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Other Agreement with Institutes of Higher Education and Other Nonprofit Organizations;
- A-87, Cost Principles for State and Local Governments (including Indian Tribes);
- A-21, Cost Principles for Educational Institutions;
- A-122, Cost Principles for Nonprofit Organizations;
- A-128, Audits for State and Local Governments (including Indian Tribal governments);
- A-133, Audits for Institutions of Higher Education and Other Nonprofit Organizations (including Indian Tribes);
- A-129, Policies for Federal Credit Programs and Non-Tax Receivables.
- Treasury Circular:
- Circular 1075, Withdrawal of Cash from Treasury for Advances under Federal Grant and Other Programs.
- Other Directives Current at Time of Award:
- GAO Government Auditing Standards;
- HHS and PHS Grants Administration Manuals;
- PHS Grants Policy Statement.