The IHS shall provide for efficient, economical, and effective controls over the creation, organization, maintenance, use, and the ultimate disposition of all IHS records in all physical formats. IHS is responsible for managing their records and information in a way that allows them to conduct business; ensure agency and government accountability; protect the rights of all stakeholders, including the public; identify records with archival value.
For more information, contact the IHS Records Officer, Mr. Christopher Forney 301-443-8030.
- Records Management Glossary [PDF - 56 KB]
- Indian Health Manual, Part 5, Chapter 15, Records Management
- Indian Health Service Records Management Disposition Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions about Federal Records Management
- National Archives Records Administration (NARA)