Personnel Delegation #34
MAY 24 1994
Office of Human Resources
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority to Determine when Term Appointments are Appropriate|
Authorities Delegated and to Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations (DHO) by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), on May 24 1994, I hereby delegate to the Associate Director, Office of Hum& Resources, for IHS Headquarters, the authority to determine that a position or positions may be filled by term appointments.
Redelegation and Restrictions
- This authority is limited to the determination that a position or positions may be filled by term appointments. The actual filling of the positions for which term appointments are authorized must still be done under competitive procedures."
- This authority may be redelegated.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in Federal Personnel Manual Chapter 316.
- This delegation supersedes the Delegation of Authority Memorandum, Subject: Appropriate, To Determine when Term Appointments are Appropriate, from the DHO to the Associate Director, Office of Administration and Management, dated January 2, 1991. Previous delegations of this authority may remain in effect to the extent that they are consistent with the provisions of this delegation.
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Luana L. Reyes/
Back To Top | Previous Page