As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
The Crownpoint Nurse Executive Team consists of:
- Erma Marbut, RN Chief Nurse Executive
- Karen Muich, RN Nurse Educator
- Linda Schweigman, RN In-Patient Unit/OB supervisor
- Kendra Carter, RN Lead Clinical Nurse In-patient Unit/OB
- Vina Steele, RN Ambulatory Care Supervisor
- Camela Yazzie, RN Ambulatory Care Patient Educator
- Doris Cleveland, RN Emergency Department Supervisor
- The In-patient unit provides nursing care for adult and pediatric patients.
- Maximum capacity is 14 patients. Census and acuity vary.
- Staffing ratio is 2 licensed nurses and 2 Nursing Assistants on both day and night (12 hour shifts)
- Obstetrics is staffed by 1 RN and 1 Nursing Assistant on both day and night (12 hour shifts). Obstetrical care is targeted to the low risk delivery.
- Schedules are posted six weeks in advance. Every effort is made to accommodate leave requests.
- Newly hired staff members attend Nursing Orientation upon entering on duty.
- A written competency assessment folder is provided and is discipline specific according to the individual's job title.
- Newly hired staff receive education and information regarding Federal and Hospital expectations.
- The education is tailored to meet the unique skills and knowledge of the individual.
- Written and psychomotor skills are assessed and verified during the orientation period.
- Onsite BLS and ACLS classes are available at no charge to Federal employees.
- Off site education is contingent on staffing needs of the facility.
- Funds may be available to assist the RN staff with fee charges.
- The IHS website has many free CEU subjects available to benefit the licensed staff.
- Unit orientation is also tailored to meet the unique skills and knowledge of the individual.
- The newly hired staff member is assigned a Preceptor. Length of orientation is contingent on the employee and Supervisor's assessment.
- Annual competency is verified through written and psychomotor assessment in keeping with the Federal and hospital requirements.