As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan [mura]$.showExitDisclaimer()[/mura]
Southwest Dental Support Center
The Southwest Dental Support Center Serves IHS, Tribal and Urban Indian Health Clinics in the Phoenix Navajo and Tucson Areas.
- To provide support, guidance and training for the dental programs within the region based on the needs identified by the dental programs in the region.
- To help dental program staff incorporate innovative disease management tools and protocols to improve the oral health status of the people they serve in a measurable way
The goals of the center are to:
- Reduce the incidence and prevalence of dental caries, particularly in the child, adolescent and young adult population.
- Reduce the prevalence of untreated decay.
- Improve the periodontal health of communities in a manner that is consistent with, and complementary to, the IHS periodontal initiative.
Dan Huber DMD Area Dental Officer
Phoenix Area IHS
40 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Rick Champany DDS
Dental Consultant for Early Childhood Caries
5042 Chimayo Court
Farmington, NM 87402
If you have any difficulties with this website, contact DOH Portal Administrator.