As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
101st Congress – 1989 and 1990
Public Law 101-630 (H.R.3703)
A bill to authorize the Rumsey Indian Rancheria to convey a certain parcel of land. Other major provisions:
- National Indian Forest Resources Management Act
- Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act
- Indian Health Care Amendments of 1990
- 11/17/89 – Introduced by Congressman Fazio, as a bill to authorize the Rumsey Indian Rancheria to convey a certain parcel of land
- 09/10/90 – Reported to House from the Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs, H. Rept. 101-687
- 10/01/90 – Measure called up by consent calendar in House.
- 10/01/90 – Measure considered in House.
- 10/01/90 – Measure passed House.
- 10/03/90 – Referred to Senate Select Committee on Indian Affairs.
- 10/25/90 – Measure called up by committee discharge in Senate.
- 10/25/90 – Measure considered in Senate.
- 10/25/90 – Measure passed Senate, amended. Senator McCain explanation of Indian Health provisions. [DOC – 42 KB]
- 10/26/90 – House agreed to Senate amendment. [DOC – 206 KB]
- 11/09/90 – Measure enrolled in House.
- 11/19/90 – Measure enrolled in Senate.
- 11/20/90 – Measure presented to President. [DOC – 208 KB]
- 11/28/90 – Public Law 101-630