As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
104th Congress – 1995 and 1996
PL 104-313 (HR 3378) Extending M/M Demonstration [PDF – 182 KB]
Purpose of HR 3378 amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to extend the demonstration program for direct billing of Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payors.
- 05/01/1996 – Referred to the House Committee on Resources. Referred to its Subcommittee on Native American and Insular Affairs.
- 06/19/1996 – House Subcommittee on Native American and Insular Affairs Discharged. House Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held. Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- 05/01/1996 – Referred to House Commerce Committee, referred to its Subcommittee on Health and Environment,.
- 08/01/1996 – Reported by the Committee on Resources. H. Rept. 104-742, Part I. [DOC – 48 KB]
- 08/01/1996 – Committee on Commerce discharged.
- 09/04/1996 – House passed legislation by a voice vote.
- 09/19/1996 – Measure laid before Senate. Substitute Amendment SP 5392, introduced by Senator McCain, agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent, then passed.
- 09/27/1996 – House agreed to Senate amendment with an amendment
- 10/03/1996 – Senate agreed to the House amendment to the Senate amendment
- 10/10/1996 – Presented to President.
- 10/19/1996 – Signed by President. Became Public Law No: 104-313.