As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
111th Congress - 2009 and 2010
H.R. 2708 [PDF – 1.5 MB]
Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2009
- 6/4/2009 – Introduced by Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
- 6/4/2009 – Referred to House Natural Resources, House Energy and Commerce and House Ways and Means
- 10/15/2009 – S. 1790 Indian Health Care Improvement Reauthorization and Extension Act of 2009, Introduced by Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND)
- 10/15/2009 – Introduced in Senate
- 12/16/2009 – Committee on Indian Affairs. Reported by Senator Dorgan with amendments. Without written report.
- 12/16/2009 – Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 233.
S. 1790 [PDF – 626 KB]
As reported by the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs was enacted into law, with minor changes, by section 10221 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, H.R. 3590.
- 3/23/2010 – H.R. 3590 became Public Law No: 111-148 [PDF – 1.8 MB]