Circular Exhibit 03-01-F
- Suspicious Persons/Behaviors. If you see a suspicious person in your building, ask if you can help he/she. If the person has legitimate business in the building, he/she will appreciate your assistance. If not, ask the person to leave the building, but only if you feel comfortable doing so. If the person refuses to leave, notify security. Be prepared to describe the person to security.
- Caution. Office staff should exercise caution when discussing/retrieving/handling sensitive or valuable information and/or equipment in front of visitors or strangers. If you observe a suspicious person loitering in an office area, call your supervisor or security.
- Examples. The following are examples of behaviors that could be considered suspicious:
- Any person you, or other employees, do not recognize going from room to room or office to office.
- Any person standing in a hallway for a long period of time.
- Any person waiting outside of the building near the time the card-swipe security system is operating.Ensure the person does not gain entrance when you are entering or exiting the building.
- Physical Description Checklist. The appropriate way to describe a suspicious person is to start with the person's sex, race, and his/her physical appearance. Describe his/her clothing from the top down, outer clothing first and, if visible, inner clothing. Describe the following:
__________ Hat, hair color, length of hair.
__________ Eye color, glasses
__________ Beard, moustache, jewelry
__________ Shirt, Jacket, color/type
__________ Trousers, skirt, color/type
__________ Distinguishing marks, scars, tattoos
Height (estimate - note height in relation to other objects:______________
Weight (estimate - describe body type):___________________________
Method and direction of escape:_________________________________
- Vehicle Description Checklist. If the person leaves, be prepared to describe the vehicle and direction of travel when you call security.
Make: _____ Year: _____Color: _____ Full Size: _____ Compact:_____
Sports Car:_____ Van:_____ Motorcycle:_____ Truck:_____
2-Door: _____ 4-Door:_____ License Number:_____ State:_____ License color: _____
How many in vehicle: _____ Location last seen: _________________________________________
Direction of travel: _______________________________________________________________
Unusual characteristics (dents, marks, lights, bumper stickers): ________________________________________________________________
Back To Top | Previous Page