GENERAL EXHIBIT 1-5.2A-6
SUBJECT: MATERIEL MANAGEMENT: EXCEPTIONS TO USE AND/OR REPLACEMENT STANDARD FOR TYPEWRITERS, MATERIELS HANDLING EQUIPMENT AND EXECUTIVE TYPE OFFICE FURNITURE; AUTHORITIES REQUIRING APPROVAL BY THE. ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT FOR ANY REDELEGATION
Pursuant to the authority vested in the Director, Indian Health Service, by the Reorganization Order of January 4, 1988, (52 FR 47053). which elevated the Indian Health Service to a PHS Agency, and in accordance with authority delegated to PHS Agency Heads on (June 10, 1976) I hereby delegate the following authority to the officials listed below.
- Authority to transfer title to Government-owned motor vehicles.
- Authority to determine the need for Government-owned vehicles between domicile and place of employment.
- Authority to authorize the use of Government-owned vehicles between domicile and place of employment.
- Authority to approve exceptions for use and replacement standards for typewriters. (HHS Materiel Management Manual: 103-1.5105-3).
- Authority to approve exceptions to replacement standards for materiels handling equipment. (HHS Materiel Management Manual: 103-1.5105-4).
- Authority to approve exceptions to replacement standards for office machines (electrically and manually operated adding machines, comptent and calculators).
- Authority to approve exceptions to replacement standards for furniture (office, household, quarters, and institutional).
- Authority to approve exceptions to use standards for executive type office furniture and furnishings
|TO WHOM DELEGATED||AREA OF AUTHORITY|
|Deputy Director, IHS||IHS-wide|
|Director of Headquarters Operations||IHS-wide|
|Associate Director, Office of Administration and Management||IHS-wide|
|Associate Director, Office of Health Program Research and Development (OHPRD)||Tucson, Arizona|
|Deputy Associate Director, OHPRD||Tucson, Arizona|
|Executive Officer, OHPRD||Tucson, Arizona|
|Program Manager, IHS Headquarters West||Headquarters Personnel, Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Area Directors||Respective Area|
|Area Deputy Directors||Respective Area|
|Area Executive Officers||Respective Area|
AUTHORITY TO REDELEGATE
Authorities A. and B. above may be redelegated. Authority C, D, E, F, G, and H above may not be further redelegated.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
The exercise of authorities delegated In this document shall be in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedural requirements.
This delegation supersedes Exhibit l-5.20-1, Subject: Materiel Management: Exceptions to Use and/or Replacement Standards for typewriters, Materiels Handling Equipment and Executive Type Office Furniture; Authorities Requiring Approval by the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management for any Redelegation; Indian Health Manual, Part 1, Chapter 5, Delegations of Authority, Transmittal Notice 85.2, dated January 4, 1985.
This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
Everett R. Rhoades, M.D.
INDIAN HEALTH MANUAL
Back To Top | Previous Page