Personnel Delegation #3
Division of Personnel Management
Acting Associate Director
Office of Human Resources
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority to Approve an Appointment Above the minimum Rate|
Authority Delegated and to Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources (OHR), by the Acting Director of Headquarters Operations (DHO) on November 25, 1994, for all occupations within the IHS Headquarters appointing authority, I hereby delegate the Director, Division of Personnel Management, OHR, the authority to approve an appointment at a rate above the minimum rate of the appropriate grade, under 5 United States Code 5333, based on the existing pay and unusually high or unique qualifications of the candidate or special need of the Government for the candidate's services.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- The authority to approve an appointment above the minimum salary rate based on: a) a written competing offer; b) a match of a candidate's current base salary; or c) a salary survey which has been approved by the Director, Office of Personnel Management, Office of Management, PHS, may be redelegated to the IHS Personnel Officer. This authority may be further delegated to a personnel official reporting to the Agency personnel officer.
- The authority to approve an appointment above the minimum salary rate under any other condition, e.g., matching salary and fringe benefits, may be redelegated to the Agency personnel officer with no further redelegation authorized.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and instructions for excercising this authority are contained in Health and Human Services, and PHS Personnel Instructions HHS-338-2.
- This delegation supersedes the delegation of authority memorandum from the Associate Director, Office of Administration and Management, to the Director, Division of Personnel Management, dated January 28, 1991.
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Kenneth D. Cannon for/
Robert G. McSwain
Robert G. McSwain
Back To Top | Previous Page